Shoe Brollies. Genius

I am ashamed to say I have been frequenting a certain shop far too often of late. It goes by the name of Dollar Store 123. This wonderland of cheap asian knock-offs with funny, mis-translated names is a favourite of mine (and my family's - yes, we are a weird bunch) when it comes to birthday and Christmas gifts. Hours (or at least minutes) of hilarity ensue when your loved one eagerly tears the wrapping off their gift - likely expecting some nice smelling treats or chocolate - only to find that they have been gifted a pair of "MagnaPower Therapeutic Massage Soles" for gents (mum got me these for my birthday this year)...(I got other stuff too). They are fitted with 10 pieces of magnets! and claim to be the natural and effortless way to walk. See:


Ok lol, and lol again. I was too lazy to take a picture of my 'gents' Magna Power thingies, so I googled it, on the off chance that somewhere out there was a picture of them. Turns out they are for sale ALL OVER THE INTERNET, on Amazon and other websites! Might have to try them out then. These are the ladies' version.

Items like these remind me of the book 101 Un-useless Japanese Inventions, which I have found some pictures of items I would love to own one day. Maybe when I go to Japan I can pick some up. Seriously, how handy would this butter stick be?! It might get a bit crumby from the toast though, I suppose.



I would eat noodles on a far more regular basis if I had one of these:




I have no words:



Anyway, the whole point of this post was actually to vent my guilt at buying all this cheap and nasty junk which is surely not doing the world or its less fortunate folks any good...sorry. I just went in to buy some hairpins and walked out with some crappy green nail polish, velcro hair rollers (experimentation time!), some chunky knit "Room Socks" (keeping my feet toasty right now) and some pretty cool tights actually. And I have just discovered that they sell face paint and fabric paint and all this fun crafty stuff. Not to mention the stationery (don't get me started). Uh-oh.

Well, I'm off to massage my duodenal reflexpoint. Have a nice long weekend. X

Comments

  1. this takes me back to us giggling in the library at lunchtime over those books :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREED, i had to show harz cos i was giggling away in a silent room...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts