JAOP




Just Another Outfit Post!! Nothing ground-breaking here, but every outfit tells a story. And documenting these stories is a habit I would like to get into.
From the top:

Top - vintage 'Glengyle', from a sale at Andrea's
Necklace - vintage, thrifted, gift from Marble, from Edinburgh
Belt - thrifted
Skirt - vintage 'Great Australian Leather Company' from Gertie's
Tights - Farmers
Shoes - Shoezies


I hope everyone is having a great day! It has been glorious weather here, and yet another day of blessed sunshine! At the moment I am reading The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. Has anyone read it? It's great! There are some fantastic outfit descriptions of the five ill-fated sisters'. They are all horribly unattractive and yet shamanically mesmerising for the posse of neighbourhood boys who tell the story of the Lisbon sisters through snippets and glipses of their clandestine lives, surreptitiously stolen. I'm listening to... Young Marble Giants, as usual. Lots of love,

JXX

Comments

  1. Haha, that was weird. When I went to publish this I thought is said 'your blog publishing has been ~moderately~ successful' instead... oh never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAAhahaha Jess, how do you spell imo? One day the rest of the world will discover your genius. And they will be confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I should comment on the outfit really, pastelicious top! And wow, I really do love the hair, a LOT. You're like the Virgin Suicides on top and ...Grease on the bottom half! In fact, you are Olivia Newton-John as Sandy. But better times a million. p.s. I want to see 'Wet Hot American Summer'. I've never heard of it but it looks like an incredibly stupid but rather hilarious piss-take movie. Watch part 7 on you tube. The bow-legged, bi-lingual part is just...

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, thank you for tarring me with the same brush as 'Wet Hot American Summer' (High Times. Hard Bodies. Soft Rock.?), or simply American College prep in general... I have to say, I agree. All I need is a locket and a Biology text book clutched to my chest. And less leather. Because adding leather in the mix would assume that I was aware of the juxtaposition of pastel, juvenile, college connotations with those of leather... to a fetish result. Perhaps unwittingly. I now have wits. Whether I dress any differently will depend. But enough analysis. You, me and back-to-back bad movies = heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts