Shameless Narcissism

I have been taking so many photos of my hair lately, due to my seemingly uncontrollable compulsion to just keep cuttingandcuttingandcutting it until all that's left is my poor bare scalp, exposed to the elements until I pop on a cosy hat (this hasn't happened yet, thankfully). So, I thought I would share. Behold, the devolution of my hair:

Just so you know how I burn, pine, perish, this is my hair in it's natural, golden, unadulterated youth...Me and sis, doing the dishes (me on the right):



This is a bit more recent. Not as long as usual but I do feel small pangs of regret looking at this picture (me checking my makeup is even...lol):


Then I did this, which was ok. But then the hairdresser did this, and this really was one of it's finer moments:



Then, about a week later, I took to it in frustration with the thinning and regular scissors:



Now it is pretty darn short and I've been having a lot of fun with different styles. Inspired by Karla(thanks Soph for directing me to her blog(not that it is even half as awesome as her hair)), here's my 'classy evening look' or '90's power-dresser', depending on what I'm wearing...


Here's me at 5am after a night in curlers. I love how much height they have given my hair! This is my definite favourite so far.


And the 'mohican' seems to have stayed in fairly well overnight. Here's my day-off 'do today.


So that was fun. Probably not all that interesting for anyone else, but never mind! I miss my long hair quite a lot, but I think 'the chop' had to happen, if only to make me realise that I love having long hair. And I am going to have some fun with hair dye and scissors while there's so little of it to worry about!

Clothes that you can't really see: Forest green mohair cardigan that I wear around the clock when I am at home. It's almost as good as a snuggle blanket. It's from Butterflies, and looks as if it was made with love by one of the little old ladies that works there, due to the lack of button-holes. / White woolen Icelandic coat, which you can only see the collar of. / Green scarf from Ireland / Grey jacket from Zara / Purple crop t-shirt a gift from my aunt Elif about ten years ago.

That's all folks. X

Comments

  1. Such a cute photo at the top. Were you that young when you moved into Erin St? I had a wave of nostalgia the other day for the times I'd come down to Dunedin to hang with you and Soph. You girls and Dunedin were just so impossibly sophisticated for a young, impressionable country lass like myself. It was the biggest thing for me turn up off the bus one time in my pink fluffy mohair jersey, and my light blue denim jeans I'd made into flares, and for you to tell me I looked 'so cool'. Honestly, it meant the world. I imagine that if we'd had any notion of style blogs in '98, we would have been totes all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s, I like the hair. Hairs. You can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you new hair. Long suits you too but you definitely have a beautifully shaped face that can pull off the short do. I watched License to Kill in the weekend and one of the Bond girls - she's a British agent - had a fabulous haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, first up: you have always looked so cool. I always wished I had all your clothes when you came to visit us! Oh, I am imagining our 13 and 14 year old selves' blog and it is hilarious and awesome. There would have been a lot of homemade flares and bad haircuts methinks. And bindis! I feel some flashback posts coming on....Oh, and the photo of me and Soph is actually taken when we lived in Opoho (Duds round one) I think. But it does look like our kitchen now! Soph - thanks! Bond girls always have lovely hair :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts