Wont you follow me down to the rose parade



Okay, okay. Rave pink hair, rose tinted toy goggles and plastic machine guns. Beside a red and blue circus-striped tent, an orange-corduroy-suited man (The Dude?) offers me a nutmeg/ginseng/guarana flapjack. He has a whole pheasant on his hat. I politely decline.



Every freak, hippy and his dog is congregated in the Meadows this weekend to make merry and be festive. Plenty of bellies to scratch.



Apparently my hair was positively glowing through the magic goggles. The gamut hasn't really translated into photograph. I'm not really sure how to use that word, but I like it. Wish you were here. X

Comments

  1. Towards you like amphibious airplanes
    peacocks and pigeons seem to scoot!

    First thing in the morning your two eyes
    are shining with all night’s funny stories

    and every time you sit down during the day
    someone drops a bunch of rubies on your lap.

    When I see you in the drugstore or bar I
    gape as if you were a champagne fountain

    and when you tell me how your days and nights
    seem to you you are my own stupid Semiramis.

    Listen, you are really too beautiful to be true
    you egg-beater and the next time I see you

    clattering down a flight of stairs like a
    ferris wheel jingling your earrings and feathers

    a subway of smiling girls a regular fireworks
    display, I’ll carry you to Venice!

    (Homage to Rrose Sélavy, Frank O'Hara)

    OMage to you, sparkler xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all a-flutter! I wish I wrote that. OMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol me 2. p.s. gamut gamut gamutt! glut x

    ReplyDelete
  4. another good word i came across today: scuppered! it's as swashbuckling as it sounds. Readers Digest "Increase your Wordpower" y'all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts