and the sky was made of amethyst...




Some things I meant to tell you about... the first time I 'wore' midriff: pure. liberation! A sweet little set-up on a friend's balcony, and this... this wonderful thing. I couldn't believe my luck spying it in the inorganic collection... so much care, so gauche! You can almost feel the nostalgia, the warmth with which they went about making 'round', the lettering, the sheer ambition of attempting human likeness. Lastly, the smudged, nervous, first draft nature of an HB pencil scratching away at too-white pre-primed canvas. Heartbreaking. While everywhere there is evidence of failure, I suspect they completely succeed. Naivety still trumps me. Trying is such a beautiful thing.

xxx

Comments

  1. A post! Oh my, a post. I am forever checking in the hope of a post. Thanks J. Midriff suits you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Flora to you Mrs Bond (oh hahaha), and you're welcome xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I CAN'T post anymore until Alex does. I get nauseous if I see too many photos of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely midriff. Choild, choild. Save your nausea for the dizzy pink. Love you (both) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts