A Visit From Kate



A while ago, lovely Kate visited me from Wanaka. We hadn't seen each other in about two and a half years - since we last met, she has married and her dreadlocks have come off, but she was still the same old Kate and we had a grand old time playing dress-ups in my ridiculous wardrobe. And doesn't her cockatoo hairdo look great!




After we had dressed each other up and hunted for Kate's car keys for half an hour, we headed on down to join the throngs of people crowding the streets of the metropolis that is Dunedin on a Thursday night.




Mou Very was pumping with familiar faces and coca cola. Steve was there, and so was the Earl of Edinburgh way! Me and Kate had our fill, decided we needed some sherbet and cheesey nachos, indulged in said items and returned to said bar. At this point in writing, I realise that the two evenings Kate and I spent together are merging together in my memory. Never mind.




We both awoke the next day with sugar hangovers, Kate returned to her life of wife-ness and tattoos and I went to work, dreaming of the next time I would get to spend quality time with one of my dear girl friends (who all unfortunately live in completely different towns at opposite ends of the country and the world). Bisoux to you all.

I am wearing:
Skirt from H&M
My mother's vintage brunch coat
Kate's leather jacket
Leopard belt from Camden markets
Doc Martens bought off Miss Jackson

Kate is wearing:
60's dress (mine), gift from swister Sophie
Vintage faux fur jacket (mine) from a garage sale around the corner
Heels...?
Amazing hair!
Doesn't she do a great 'check the shoe'?

Comments

  1. Moth has a brunch coat? who knew. Love the outfits girls - that dress was a great find...I need to go back to that shop soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by 'moth' I mean 'mother'. It's not like I write for a living or anything and should know better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, your look is one part steam punk to one part Harajuku girl. I love it. Kate's grunge take on Gold Coast glamour is truly delightful. And yes, her check-the-shoe credentials are impeccable! What fun, ladies! I hope when you're 55 you're still doing this look and cougaring in the baby faces. Love love love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.s alex, the photo of your roaring is possibly my favourite, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's Mou Very? I am so out of touch with duds town now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The smallest bar in the world" - Olivier's new venture next door to that kebab place in the Edinburgh Way. It's ever so smart and select!

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. jess. 55?! Cougar?!! This look?! Doing??!! Lovely compliment on my outfit though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha all i'm saying is, well, nothing really.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts