Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

Oscar Wilde, always reminding me that it's okay to be fickle...well, at least that's the meaning I'm choosing to draw from this wee gem of a quote.

Revival time for this dried up blog. I'm going to start again from where we started: clothes. I just found this picture that dad took for me to put on here before I left Dunedin in September. Sadly I sold this dress so I could afford to eat once I got here. It was pretty, but not very comfortable.


I also sold the boots. Cry. Not really though; I've managed to double the size of my wardrobe since I got here thanks to my thifting addiction. I will probably have to have a culling session come the summer season, hopefully for a profit. Speaking of which, Madonna (as my voluptuous Italian supervisor says), the spring is a'coming! I can smell it in the air and it makes me all excited and giggly.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I started the Morning Pages today. Artist date to follow soon...will update. The Artist's Way, for anyone not in the know. Not that I've read it or anything, but the pages and date seem like a good idea.

Also: clouds. I'm going to join!

x x x

Comments

  1. This dress is almost... space retro. Poppies on prison stripes... with meccano grid, a centre split, with frill? and insert? and a silver overstitch weirdly resembling a dutch windmill or arcane symbol/ crop circle formation. While the sort of psuedo-byzantine shape of the collar lends itself to some new age ritual facilitator. All in all, I like it! P.s. I've been watching a bit of Serenity. I don't know if this is okay. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(film)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Best dress description ever. The frill (well spotted, super-sleuth!) is actually a petticoat from me as a 6(ish) year old. Serenity...vague memories, did we watch it at Christmas one year? I think it's ok. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts